Welcome To The Curios

The Curios have been gathered from near and far. They may be common-as-muck or one-of-a-kind. They may be worth a pretty penny or a dime-a-dozen. They may be horrifying, captivating, loathsome, or scintillating.

Whatever the cause of their creation, hopefully they bring enjoyment to someone out there.


18.11.09

Popeye The Sailor in Balochiy Bill The Sailor - NSFW

This is the second Tijuana Bible I've managed to get my hands on (the first is here). This one is intriguing, as I can't find any info about it anywhere on the net. There is one auction site that mentions Popeye in 'Balochy (sic) Bill' in the search summary, but I can't find it anywhere on the site itself. From what I can tell, it was selling there for $175USD. I picked this one up for $20USD (can you feel my smugness?).

Also worth noting is the fact that this is a comparatively rare 16-pager, when most Bibles were usually 8-pagers.

The description of the book where I bought it from states:

"Discovered in my Nostalgic and Vintage Erotica Collection!
Collectible, Historic, Nostalgic, Even Charming, Humorous and Quite Risque
Circa World War Two (WW2) Era (1940's) Erotic Popular Comic Strip-Referenced Illustrated Story Pamphlet or Booklet (4.5 x 6.5" - larger than those typically found during wartime) entitled: "POPEYE in Balochiy Bill The Sailor" ("Illustrated...Paris - France").

While the cover says "Paris - France" (known for risque entertainment), this booklet may well indeed have been printed elsewhere (there is no copyright or publisher reference)."

If anyone has ever seen this Bible anywhere else, please contact me! I'd love to know more about it!





































("Old Lady Dippy Cunt"???)

No comments:

Post a Comment