Welcome To The Curios

The Curios have been gathered from near and far. They may be common-as-muck or one-of-a-kind. They may be worth a pretty penny or a dime-a-dozen. They may be horrifying, captivating, loathsome, or scintillating.

Whatever the cause of their creation, hopefully they bring enjoyment to someone out there.


29.11.09

Moderne Enzyklopädie der Erotik

I recently picked up this three-volume German gem on eBay. My Deutsch is sketchy, at best, but I recognise some words and phrases. While I'd love to know exactly what the text says, I'm quite happy to look at the pictures.

Here is a small selection, plus the publishing details.



Dust jacket



Front cover



Publishing details



Inner sleeve



Pollaiuolo 'Die Helden' (The Heroes)



Daniel Frischl 'Adam und Eva' (1604)



'Bleiamulette des Mittelalters'





Antoine Wiertz 'Die Frau vor dem Spiegel ... den der Teufel halt' (1856)

1 comment: