Welcome To The Curios

The Curios have been gathered from near and far. They may be common-as-muck or one-of-a-kind. They may be worth a pretty penny or a dime-a-dozen. They may be horrifying, captivating, loathsome, or scintillating.

Whatever the cause of their creation, hopefully they bring enjoyment to someone out there.


19.10.09

Royal Flushes

Without a doubt, one of my favourite places in Adelaide is the Antique Market on Grote St.

Recently, I've been trying to save money for an overseas jaunt, and as such, have resisted the urge to visit the Market for quite some time. However, this weekend just gone, my girlfriend was hunting down some clothes for a costume party, and we found ourselves there.

I'd found some books that I was interested in (which will be scanned and posted onto the blog in due time) and just as I was about to leave, I spotted a deck of girlie playing cards that had been there since my last visit, almost a year previous. I didn't buy them the first time around, as I had already blown my budget, but this time I couldn't overlook the fact that they'd remained in exactly the same spot, just waiting for me.

Over time, I will post the full deck, but to begin, here is the packaging and jokers:













No comments:

Post a Comment